Monday, May 10, 2010

Where did April go?

April must have been fun...It went so fast!





"Mom, why are you taking a picture of me with cream cheese all over my mouth!?"







This dress was a baby shower gift. It was so cute. I realized that it was getting too small and I hadn't taken a picture of her in it yet.






She has some cute dresses!






This is her Holly Hobbie pose. Another shower gift.




"Dada!" says the girl in the hot pink top.


----------------------------------------------
The last week of April Delaney and I 'abandoned' Paul and went to CA to see family, specifically some long lost cousins...you know who you are :-) We had a blast and the first morning we woke up to 8" of snow. My Parents live at 5200', but the funniest part was that during the almost 3 weeks we were there at Christmas.....nothing. Not even a stray flake. And people think we have weird weather here in Washington.



Welcome to CA!




Oh wait, when it snows in CA, the sun comes out and it melts pretty quickly. We had enough for two days of sledding fun...and a few snowmen.




"Seriously Mom! I know you like to takes walks, but in the snow? Does this stroller have 4-wheel drive?"




Back in the warm house with cousin Beckem.




"I love Grandma and Grandpa's house."





My cousin that lives in Hawaii came to the mainland for a visit. I haven't seen Audrey in like 15 years! We had a nice visit and the cousins had fun in the snow.





"Mom, this stuff is weird."




"Whoa, this tricky to walk on."





Yes, I am in short sleeves. It was sunny and high 60's with almost no humidity. I wasn't cold at all.
It only took three trips down the hill in the sled for Delaney to learn the word 'again'. I think I took her down (which means hauling her back up the hill) 15 or 16 times. Then I was the one that needed a nap!




Delaney and Beckem in the tub. I love silly babies!





Delaney was getting brave in grandma's back yard and decided to go down the slide herself. By the time this pic was taken it was in the 70's.






Delaney was determined to walk up the slide. Some day she will be big enough it will work.





Hanging out at Great-grandma's.





Delaney's cousins were showing her how to make the bike go by itself. It is one of those battery powered things. I'm not sure who was having more fun, Delaney or the boys.






Speaking of cousins, here are 14 of them together. The oldest is 14 and the youngest is 1 year.





Delaney with her Great-grandma and Great-grandpa. She is number 25, of 29 Great-grandchildren.





"Mom, put the camera down and give me a ride please."



Tractor ride with Papa.
We had quite a vacation!
---------------------------------------------
My cousin Jessica (who I hadn't seen in like 10 years) gave this darling dress to Delaney when we saw her in CA. Thanks Jess!






I know I am the mom, but dang she is cute!
---------------------------------------------
Sometimes when I check on Delaney at night before I go to bed, I find her in weird sleeping poses. I think she is part feline. Most nights I just laugh and cover her up. Last night, I had to get the camera. She slept through the camera flash and me untangling her feet from the crib. She just sighed and kept on sleeping. Paul and I laughed all the way to bed.

No comments:

background

Followers